Close (X)
Bangkhen Campus
Kamphaeng Saen Campus
Sri Racha Campus
Sakon Nakhon Province Campus
First Page
 

Location

50 Phahonyothin Road, Lat Yao Subdistrict, Jatujak District, Bangkok 10900 near Phahonyothin Road Kilometer 14 at the intersection of Phahonyothin and Ngamwongwan Roads. [KU Map]
Vision
Kasetsart University is a university known internationally for academic excellence and work of world standard. It is a prime mover in mustering intellectual resources to help the nation achieve sustainable development and negotiating power in the world community.
Task
Kasetsart University gathers wisdom and knowledge, creates and develops varied bodies of knowledge, and forms people who are intelligent, who think rationally, who behave morally, who are conscious of the common good, and who produce high standard work capable of competing in the world market. The university manages its resources efficiently, joins in the development of the community, and is responsible to society so as to serve as an important instrument in ensuring the well being and security of the country.

Philosophy

Kasetsart University devote itself to the task of accumulating and developing intellectual knowledge. It thrives for the growth in academic wisdom including ethical and moral excellence. In addition, it has a responsibility to play a leading role in keeping our Thai heritage alive and to ensure that it continues to grow to enrich the civilization of the notion.
Core Value
"Efficiency, Synergy and Integrity"
Uniqueness of Kasetsart University
Kasetsart University aims to create knowledges of the land for the well-being of nation
IDKU : Identity of Kasetsart University
Integrity Determination Knowledge Creation Unity
View of the University
History of the University
  • Antecedents
  • History of the University

     
    Antecedents
    The establishment of Kasetsart University was part of the evolution of agricultural education in the country which began with the founding of a system of technical schools. This era may be divided into three periods.
     
    ku1.) In the initial period (1904-1913), agricultural education was first established. In 1904, Prince Phichaimahintharodom, Director of the Department of Sericulture of the Ministry of Agriculture, founded the School of Sericulture in Tambon Thung Saladaeng, Bangkok, adjacent to the mulberry gardens and the Sericulture Experimental Station. Initially, the School offered a two-year program devoted to sericulture alone, but in 1906, the program was extended to three years and expanded to include instruction on the cultivation of other crops and also on veterinary science, and at the same time, the name of the institution was changed to the School of Agriculture.

    In 1908, the Ministry of Agriculture merged the three schools under its jurisdiction, namely, the School of Surveying, which had been founded in 1882, the School of Irrigation, founded in 1905, and the School of Agriculture, in order to train personnel to serve in the various departments and divisions of the Ministry. The school was named the School of the Ministry of Agriculture and was located in the Sapathum Palace. At the same time, a new curriculum, Thailand's first tertiary-level agriculture curriculum, was drawn up and was inaugurated in 1909.


    In 1913, the Government of Siam merged the School of the Ministry of Agriculture with the Civil Service School, which was established under the Ministry of Public Instruction and Religion, because the purposes of the two were identical. Agricultural education was thus placed under the Ministry of Public Instruction and Religion.

     
    ku2.) In the middle period (1914-1923), the first primary school agriculture teacher training school was established. The Minister of Public Instruction and Religion, Chao Phraya Thammasakmontri (Sanan Thep-hatsadin na Ayutthaya), founded the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School at Ban Suan Luang in Bangkok. The School offered a two-year program for graduates of Secondary Level 3 (the entrance requirement was later raised to Secondary Level 6). Upon completion of the program, graduates were awarded a certificate in primary school agricultural education. In 1918, the School was relocated to Tambon Phra Prathon in the Meuang District of Nakhorn Pathom Province.
     
    3.) In the later period (1924-1942), the primary school agriculture teacher training school system was established in all regions of the country. In 1924, the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School was moved from Nakhorn Pathom Province to Tambon Bang Saphan Yai in Bang Saphan District of Prajuab Khirikhan Province, and in 1926, a second primary school agriculture teacher training school was established in Tambon Thap Kwang in Kaeng Khoi District of Saraburi Province. Following this, agricultural education on the primary and secondary levels was provided through primary- and secondary-level agriculture technical schools.

    Toward the end of the year 1931, Mom Chao Sitthiphorn Kritdakorn, Director of the Agricultural Research Department of the Ministry of Agriculture, proposed that agricultural research stations be set up in the Northeastern, Southern, and Northern Regions together with primary school agriculture teacher training schools so that agricultural research and agricultural education could be carried out in concert. As a result, primary school agriculture teacher training schools and agricultural experiment stations were established in each region of the country, and in this way, the Ministry of Agriculture once again became involved in agricultural education.

    In 1933, the Non Wat Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School was established in Tambon Non Sung, Non Sung District, Nakhorn Ratchasima Province, and the Mae Jo Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School was established in Tambon Nong Han, Sansai District, Chiang Mai Province.

    In 1934, the Khor Hong Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School was established in Tambon Khor Hong, Hat Yai District, Songkhla Province.
    The operating of agricultural experiment stations in conjunction with the three primary school agriculture teacher training schools proved to be an excellent model of the interplay between research and education. The first experiment-station-head-cum-headmasters were Luang Ingkhasikasikan at Non Wat, Luang Suwan Vajokkasikij at Khor Hong, and Phra Chuangkasetsinlapakan at Mae Jo.

    In 1935, agricultural education policy changed once again. The government, concerned that the numbers of agriculture teachers graduated would be in excess of needs, decided to close the three new primary school agriculture teacher training schools. In response, Luang Ingkhasikasikan, Luang Suwan Vajokkasikij, and Phra Chuangkasetsinlapakan together proposed a project whereby the Mae Jo school was retained as a secondary-level agriculture technical school. This was later elevated to become the College of Agriculture, with the status of a division in the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries. The person appointed to serve as the first director of the College was Phra Chuangkasetsinlapakan.

    Also in 1935, the Ministry of Agriculture established in Phrae Province another technical school, namely the School of Forestry, which offered a two-year program, and shortly later, this was made a part of the College of Agriculture.

    In 1938, the Ministry of Agriculture established the Central Agriculture Station, or Kaset Klang, in Bang Khen District of Bangkok, the area in which the main campus of Kasetsart University is located. The College of Agriculture was moved from Mae Jo to Bang Khen, and Luang Suwan Vajokkasikij became the director. The College offered three-year certificate programs in three fields: agriculture, cooperative science, and forestry. Students of the agriculture program studied all three years at Bang Khen, while students of the cooperative science program studied their first two years at Bang Khen and their third year at the Department of Cooperatives at Tha Thian in order to facilitate their practical training. The forestry program was conducted at the School of Forestry in Phrae Province
     
  • Timeline

  • Kasetsart University: the first decade (1943-1952)
     
              Kasetsart University was established on February 2, 1943 by the Kasetsart University Act of 1943. The act created the university a department in the Ministry of Agriculture, provided for appointment of a regular civil servant as secretary-general of the university, and for the Minister of Agriculture by virtue of office to serve as the rector of the university. Thus the first rector was Vice Admiral Sin Kamonnawin, the Minister of Agriculture at that time. The university offered a five-year bachelor's degree program and a three-year associate program and was organized into four faculties.
     

    1) The Faculty of Agriculture consisted of five departments:

    - The Department of Agriculture
    - The Department of Animal Science
    - The Department of Chemistry
    - The Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology
    - The Department of Agricultural Engineering
     

    2) The Faculty of Forestry was made up of five departments:

    - The Department of Silviculture
    - The Department of Botany
    - The Department of Forest Products
    - The Department of Forest Engineering
    - The Department of Zoology
     

    3) The Faculty of Cooperative Science had four departments:

    - The Department of Cooperative Science
    - The Department of Economics and Sociology
    - The Department of Accounting
    - The Department of Law
     

    4) The Faculty of Fisheries consisted of four departments:

    - The Department of Fisheries
    - The Department of Biology
    - The Department of Aquaculture
    - The Department of Fishery Products
     
              In 1946, the government received the Royal Decree Specifying the Baccalaureate Program of the University, which provided the program be of five years' duration and revised the Kasetsart University Act so that a regular civil servant would be appointed as rector. Luang Suwan Vajokkasikit was the first rector of the university who was a regular civil servant.
     
              In 1951, the three-year program of the School of Irrigation, which was under the Royal Irrigation Department, was transferred to become an associate program of Kasetsart University.
     
              In 1952, the government received the Royal Decree Establishing the Administrative Structure of the Kasetsart University Department of the Ministry of Agriculture of 1952, according to which the university was organized as follows:
     

    1) The Office of the Department Secretary General had three departments

    - The Department of Records
    - The Department of Finance
    - The Department of Records and Registration
     

    2) The Faculty of Agriculture consisted of six departments:

    - The Department of Agriculture
    - The Department of Animal Science
    - The Department of Physics and Chemistry
    - The Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology
    - The Department of Agricultural Engineering
    - The Department of Biology
     

    3) The Faculty of Forestry was made up of five departments:

    - The Department of Silviculture
    - The Department of Botany
    - The Department of Products
    - The Department of Forest Engineering
    - The Department of Zoology
     

    4) The Faculty of Cooperative Science had four departments:

    - The Department of Cooperative Science
    - The Department of Economics and Sociology
    - The Department of Accounting
    - The Department of Law
     

    5) The Faculty of Fisheries consisted of three departments:

    - The Department of Fisheries
    - The Department of Aquaculture
    - The Department of Fishery Products
     

    Kasetsart University: the second decade (1953-1962)
     
              Early in its second decade, Kasetsart University inaugurated two additional baccalaureate programs: one in irrigation engineering and the other in veterinary science. At this time, the university received transfer of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine from the College of Medical Science. In addition, a Faculty of Irrigation Engineering was established at the School of Irrigation. The name of the Faculty of Agriculture was changed to the Faculty of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry.
     
              In 1954, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine was established. The new faculty was composed of eight departments:
     
    - The Department of General Affairs
    - The Department of Anatomy
    - The Department of Physiology
    - The Department of Hygiene and Animal Husbandry
    - The Department of Pathology and Bacteriology
    - The Department of Pharmacology
    - The Department of Medicine
    - The Department of Veterinary Surgery
     
              In 1954, the university inaugurated its first graduate program. Offered by the Faculty of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry, this was a program leading to a Master of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Degree in the field of Animal Husbandry.
     
     

    Kasetsart University: the third decade (1963-1972)
     
              In 1963, the university altered the length of all baccalaureate programs from five years to four years with the exception of the Veterinary Science Program, the duration of which remained six years. It also classified all the programs of instruction into four areas: either science, engineering, veterinary medicine, or arts so as to facilitate designating degrees. In 1966, two new faculties were organized and the names of existing faculties were changed.
     
    A. The two new faculties were:
    1) The Faculty of Science and Arts, which was made up of six departments
    - The Department of Chemistry
    - The Department of Mathematics
    - The Department of Biology
    - The Department of Physics
    - The Department of Languages
    - The Department of Social Science and the Humanities
    2) The Faculty of Engineering, which was composed of six departments
    - The Department of Hydraulics and Hydrology
    - The Department of Agricultural Engineering
    - The Department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
    - The Department of Civil Engineering
    - The Department of Irrigation Engineering
    - The Department of General Knowledge
    - The Department of Mathematics and Science
     
    B. The Faculty of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry was renamed the Faculty of Agriculture. It was divided into eight academic departments
    - The Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology
    - The Department of Farm Mechanics (formerly the Department of Agricultural Engineering)
    - The Department of Home Economics
    - The Department of Plant Science (formerly the Department of Agriculture)
    - The Department of Food Science
    - The Department of Rural Education
    - The Department of Animal Science
    - The Department of Soil Science
     
    C. The Faculty of Forestry was organized into six academic departments
    - The Department of Forest Management
    - The Department of Forest Biology (formerly the Departments of Botany and of Zoology)
    - The Department of Silviculture
    - The Department of Forest Engineering
    - The Department of Conservation
    - The Department of Forest Products
     
    D. The Faculty of Fisheries was reorganized into four departments
    - The Department of Fisheries Biology
    - The Department of Fisheries
    - The Department of Fisheries Products (formerly the Department of Products)
    - The Department of Aquaculture
     
    E. The Faculty of Cooperative Science was renamed the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration. It was made up of seven academic departments:
    - The Department of Marketing
    - The Department of Accounting
    - The Department of Business Administration
    - The Department August 1, 2011 10:55nomics
    - The Department of Cooperative Science
    - The Department of Statistics
     
    F. The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine was reorganized into six academic departments
    - The Department of Anatomy
    - The Department of Pathology (formerly the Department of Pathology and Bacteriology)
    - The Department of Pharmacology
    - The Department of Surgery
    - The Department of Physiology
    - The Department of Medicine
    - The Department of Veterinary Hygiene
     
    In 1969, the Faculty of Education was established. It was made up of three departments:
    - The Department of Education
    - The Department of Physical Education
    - The Department of Vocational Education
     
              The operation of the university was developed by the Kasetsart University Act of 1968. This act provided for administrative units equivalent to faculties which did not conduct instruction. As a result, there was established the Office of the Rector for general administration, the Graduate School for coordinating education beyond the baccalaureate level, the Institute of Food Research and Product Development for research, and the Office of Extension and Training. The Act discontinued the position of secretary-general of the university and provided for the appointment of vice rectors in various areas as necessary and appropriate.
     
               To develop the university, a development program was drawn up, and this was partially funded by a World Bank loan. The university was thus able to begin in the final year of its third decade, 1972, to develop a new area for educational and research activities, namely, the Kamphaengsaen Campus in Tambon Thung Kraphanghom, Kamphaengsaen District, Nakhorn Pathom Province. The new campus, situated about 80 kilometers northwest of the Bang Khen Campus, had an area of 7,814 rai (1,250 ha) about ten times that of the Ban Khen Campus (152 ha). It was the first major research station in the Western Region of Thailand.

     
    Kasetsart University: the fourth decade (1973-1982)
     
              The university effected additional measures necessary so that activities of the Kamphaengsaen Campus proceeded smoothly in all areas. In this it received assistance in the form of a free grant from the Government of Japan for the construction of buildings and acquisition of equipment for conducting research and providing technical services for society at the new campus. As a result, the Central Laboratory and Greenhouse Complex, the National Agricultural Extension Training Center, and the National Agricultural Machinery Center were established.
     
              Five new major units were added to the organizational structure of the university: the Faculty of Social Science, the Faculty of Agro-Industry, the Faculty of Humanities, the Office of the University Library and the Kasetsart University Research and Development Center
     
    1) The Faculty of Social Science was made up of
    - The Office of the Faculty Secretary
    - The Department of Psychology
    - The Department of Philosophy and Religion
    - The Department of Geography and History
    - The Department of Political Science and Public Administration
    - The Department of Social Science and the Humanities
    2) The Faculty of Agro-Industry was composed of
    - The Office of the Faculty Secretary
    - The Department of Packaging Technology
    - The Department of Biotechnology
    - The Department of Product Development
    - The Department of Food Science and Technology
    3) The Faculty of Humanities was made up of
    - The Office of the Faculty Secretary
    - The Department of Library Science
    - The Department of Philosophy and Religion (transferred from the Faculty of Social Science
    - The Department of Languages
    - The Department of Linguistics
    - The Department of Literature
    - The Department of Career Science
    - The Department of Mass Communication
     
              In the area of personnel administration, the government classified civil servants posted in universities into three categories: A) teaching personnel, B) academic and technical service personnel, and C) administrative personnel, designated Line A, Line B, and Line C.
     
              In 1977, the Faculty of Science and Arts began teaching a Pre-Clinical Medical Science Program for the Phra Mongkut Klao Medical College.
     
              In 1978, doctoral programs were inaugurated in the fields of Entomology and Soil Science.
     
              In 1979, teaching commenced at the Kamphaengsaen Campus. Third and fourth-year students in the Bachelor of Science (Agriculture), Bachelor of Science (Agriculture Education), Bachelor of Science (Agricultural Economics), Bachelor of Engineering (Agricultural Engineering), Bachelor of Engineering (Irrigation Engineering) and fifth- and sixth-year students in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Programs studied regularly at the Kamphaengsaen Campus.
     
               In 1981, the university began admitting students from provinces in the Mae Klorng Basin under the special quota program to the Bachelor of Engineering (Agricultural Engineering) and Bachelor of Engineering (Irrigation Engineering) Programs.
     

    Kasetsart University: the fifth decade (1983-1992)
     
               In 1983, the university increased the programs to which students were admitted under the special quota program to the bachelor of science (home economics) and doctor of veterinary medicine programs. The Kasetsart University Research and Development Center was given control of student training facilities and organized them as research centers and stations. These were:
    1. The Si Racha Research Station
    2. The Pak Chorng Research Station
    3. The Suwan Vajokkasikij Research Station
    4. The Thap Kwang Research Station
    5. The Kamphaengsaen Research Station
    6. The Doi Pui Research Station
    7. The Si Racha Fisheries Research Station
    8. The Khlong Wan Fisheries Research Station
    9. The Forestry Research Station
     
               In 1984, new academic departments and programs were established.
    The Department of Agricultural Extension and Communication was organized under the Faculty of Agriculture.
     
              The Department of Industrial Engineering was established within the Faculty of Engineering.
     
              The Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology, and Animal Reproduction was formed within the Faculty of Veterinary Science.
     
              Baccalaureate degree programs in Biotechnology and in Product Development were instituted by the Faculty of Agro-Industry.
     
    A doctoral program in Plant Pathology was inaugurated.
     
               In 1985, new units of faculty status, academic departments, and programs were established.
    - The Office of Computer Services was founded.
    -           The Department of Educational Technology was organized within the Faculty of Education.
     
              The Department of Geography and History of the Faculty of Social Science was divided into two separate departments: the Department of Geography and the Department of History. Baccalaureate degree programs were inaugurated in the Thai Language, English, French, German, Japanese, Translation, Thai Literature, English Literature, Mass Communications, Music, Travel and Tourism, Hotel Studies, Secretarial Sciences, Genetics, and Packaging Technology.
     
               In 1986, master's degree programs were inaugurated in Educational Technology, Resource Management, Water Resource Engineering, and Biotechnology.
     
               In 1987, the Department of Biochemistry was organized under the Faculty of Science. Baccalaureate programs were instituted in Computer Science and in Computer Engineering, master's degree programs in Physical Education, in Home Economics, and in Product Development, and a doctoral program in Horticulture.
     
               In 1988, the Department of Computer Engineering was established under the Faculty of Engineering, and the Department of General Science under the Faculty of Science. Master's degree programs were inaugurated in Physical Chemistry, Mathematics, and Industrial Psychology.
     
               In 1989, the Kamphaengsaen Division of General Administration and the Kamphaengsaen Division of Educational Services were established under the Office of the Vice Rector for the Kamphaensaen Campus. The Department of Educational Psychology and Counselling was organized under the Faculty of Education. The Special Baccalaureate Degree Program in Engineering was inaugurated, as were the baccalaureate program in agricultural chemistry, the Executive Master of Business Administration Program (ExMBA), and the doctoral program in Zoology.
     
              In 1990, the Department of Chemical Engineering was organized under the Faculty of Engineering and master's degree programs were inaugurated in Educational Administration and in Educational Research and Evaluation.
     
               In 1991, an associate program in Agro-Industrial Product Quality Assurance was inaugurated as were doctoral programs in Bioscience, in Biotechnology, and in Forestry.
     
              In 1992, the College of Irrigation and the School of Paraveterinary Science became affiliated institutions of Kasetsart University.
     
  • Important Persons in History of the University
  • Luang Suwan Vajokkasikij

     

    suwanLuang Suwan Vajokkasikij Rector of Kasetsart University 1946-1958 Promotor of agricultural education on all levels Promotor of chicken raising so that it became an important career in Thailand

    Luang Suwan Vajokkasikij was born Thongdi Resanon on March 10, 1896 in Nakhorn Ratchasima Province.

    Education

    - He received his primary schooling in Nakhorn Ratchasima Province.
    - He attended secondary school in Buriram Province.
    - He was selected as a Royal Scholar to study at Ban Somdet Teacher Training College.
    - He pursued baccalaureate studies at the Department of Education of Chulalongkorn University.
    - He was awarded a scholarship for further studies in the Philippines.
    - He received a doctorate with honors from the University of Oregon in the United States of America.
    - He was awarded an honorary doctoral degree in agriculture and animal science by Kasetsart University.
    - He was selected as an outstanding alumnus by the University of the Philippines.
     

    Achievements

    1. He established Agriculture Day so that farmers could see advances in the field and learn about new technology. This subsequently came to be observed as National Agriculture Day.
    2. He promoted modern agricultural practices by disseminating information through the mass media. He published agricultural periodicals such as Sat Kai, Witthayajan, Phak Kasikam and produced radio programs for broadcast.
    3. He was a pioneer of commercial chicken raising and encouraged people to eat eggs with the slogan Eat an egg every day and you won't have to go see the doctor.
    4. He organized demonstrations at the university of agricultural occupations, such as raising chickens, fish, goats, cows, and rabbits, and growing vegetable and orchard crops.
    5. He encouraged people to take up dairying, experimented with dairy cattle, and produced fresh milk called "Kaset Milk."
    6. He conducted the first experiments in raising Chinese carp.
    7. He experimented with planting new vegetables such as new tomato varieties, snow peas, and broccoli.
    8. He was a pioneer in growing animal feed crops such as corn, and new varieties that were later bred, such as Suwan 1 and Suwan 2, were named after him.
    9. He negotiated an agreement of assistance between the University of Oregon and Kasetsart Univeersity.
    10. He organized teachers conferences in between semesters.
     
    Luang Suwan Vajokkasikij died on November 21, 1963 at the age of 67 years.
    Phra Chuangkasetsinlapakan

     
    phaPhra Chuangkasetsinlapakan Minister of Agriculture 1948-1951 President of the Kasetsart University Council 1948-1951


    Phra Chuangkasetsinlapakan was born Chuang Lojaya on July 20, 1899 in Samutprakan Province.

    Education

    - He attended Elementary Levels 1-3 at Wat Song Tham School in Tambon Phrapradaeng, Phrapradaeng District, Samutprakan Province.
    - He studied Secondary Levels 1-3 at Wat Suthat Secondary School in Bangkok.
    - He studied Secondary Levels 4-8 at Wat Ratburana School (which later became Suan Kularp School). He studied in the English Language Program, achieved first place in his class, and was given the honor of being allowed to sit in class at a royally donated desk. In his free time, he studied Thai music.
    - For his baccalaureate studies, he was selected to be a Royal Scholar of the Ministry of Public Instruction and Religion and was granted a scholarship to study for a bachelor's degree in engineering in the United States of America. However, since at that time the world was at war (World War I) and the only mode of transport available, ocean -going ship, was unsafe due to the fact that passenger ships were regularly being attacked and sunk, the government had those selected for education in the United States of America study in the Philippines instead. Chuang studied at an engineering school in Manila for about three months and then transferred to study agriculture at the College of Agriculture of the University of the Philippines at Los Ba?os, Laguna. Following the end of the war, after Chuang had completed two years of study there, the government had him transfer from the University of the Philippines in 1920 to the University of Wisconsin in the United States of America, where he completed the third and fourth years of his baccalaureate degree and then continued in a master's degree program, from which he graduated in 1924.
     

    Career

    - 1917 student teacher teaching at Suan Kularb School
    - 1918 agriculture student in the Philippines for two years
    - 1920-1923 baccalaureate and master's degree student in agriculture at the University of Wisconsin in the United States of America
    - 1924 teacher of the Ministry of Public Instruction and Religion
    - 1925 teacher of the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School in Bang Saphan District of Prajuab Khirikhan Province
    - 1926 teacher of the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School in Tambon Thap Kwang in Kaeng Khoi District of Saraburi Province
    - 1928 science teacher of Wat Thepsirin Secondary School in Bangkok
    - 1929 science teacher and department head of Vajiravudh College in Bangkok
    - 1930-1932 Instructor in Agriculture for Company Commanders of the Ministry of Defence; Head, Animal Fodder Division, and Secretary, Calvary Mount Breeding Improvement Commission, Royal Thai Army
    - 1933-1938 Head of the Northern Region Agriculture Experiment Station at Huai Mae Jo, Chiang Mai Province
    - 1934-1938 Headmaster of the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School at Huai Mae Jo, Chiang Mai Province (held concurrently with the previous position)
    - 1935-1938 Headmaster of the Agriculture Technical High School, Huai Mae Jo, Chiang Mai Province (held concurrently with the two previous positions)
    - 1938 Director of the College of Agriculture, Mae Jo, Chiang Mai Province (held concurrently with the previous positions)
    - 1938 Acting Director-General of the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture, and Director of the College of Agriculture Division, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
    - 1938-1948 Director-General of the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture
    - 1943 Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture, Kasetsart University, Bang Khen
    - 1945 Director of the Thailand Tobacco Monopoly, Ministry of Finance Province (held concurrently with the previous positions)
    - 1946-1948 Director-General of the Department of Livestock Province (held concurrently with the previous positions)
    - 1948 Minister of Agriculture (first term)
    - 1949-1951 Minister of Agriculture (second term)
    - 1950-1951 Senator
    - 1950-1951 President of the Kasetsart University Council (held concurrently with the previous position)
    - 1954 Manager of the Sakon Insurance Company, a subsidiary of the Bank of Agriculture, and Managing Director of the Bank of Agriculture (now the Krung Thai Bank)
    - 1956-1959 Cultural Envoy and Caretaker of Thai Students in the United States of America
    - 1960-1961 Director of SR Farm in Bang Lamung, Chonburi Province
    - 1963 Managing Director and Director of the College of the Thai Chamber of Commerce
    - 1975-1978 President of the Mae Jo Institute of Agricultural Technology Council, Chiang Mai
     

    Special Appointments

    - 1942 Chairman of the Committee for the Improvement of Agriculture and Commerce (I.A.C.), President of the Association for the Improvement of Chicken Raising of Thailand, Member of the Committee for the Sugar Refining Industry and the Establishment of Sugar Refineries, Member of the Committee for Establishing Self-Help Settlements of the Department of Public Welfare, Advisor to the War Veterans Organization, Chairman of the Committee for Negotiating the Purchase of the Tobacco Plant (from the B.I.T. Company)
    - 1948 Head of the Thai delegation to the meeting of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in Washington, D.C., in the United States of America
    - 1950 Member of the National Defence Council, Member of the National Economic and Social Development Council, Member of the Rice Organization of the Ministry of Economics
     

    Achievements

    1. He was an important force in the struggle to preserve and improve Thai agricultural education.
    2. He was one of the founding fathers of Kasetsart University.
    3. He drafted legislation to control teak logging
    4. He instituted protected forests
    5. He promoted jute cultivation.
    6. He introduced the Java tilapia from Indonesia and promoted the raising of this fish.
    7. He encouraged Chiang Mai farmers to grow field crops, such as tobacco, soybeans, and onions, and to propagate superior varieties of longan.
    8. He founded the Thai Cotton Company to fix cotton prices for farmers.
     
     
    Phra Chuangkasetsinlapakan died on January 10, 1988, at the age of 88 years, 5 months, and 21 days.
     
    Luang Ingkhasikasikan

     

    ingLuang Ingkhasikasikan Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives 1976
    President of the Kasetsart University Council 1972

    Professor Insi Jantharasathit (Luang Ingkhasikasikan) was born on September 14, 1899, in the Bangkok Noi District of Thonburi.

    The Professor's original name was Iang, and he retained this name when he received the title Luang Ingkhasikasikan in 1924. In 1942, when the government formed the policy that the use of titles be discontinued, the Professor surrendered his title and requested that he be permitted to use his original name. However, the government convention concerning changes of name was that the name must indicate the sex of the bearer, and because the district authorities regarded Iang to be a female name, the Professor changed his name to Insi.

     

    Education

  • In 1905, at the age of 6 years, he passed the Elementary Level 1 examinations at Wat Kharuhabodi School.
  • In 1906, at the age of 7 years, he passed the Elementary Level 2 examinations at Wat Kharuhabodi School.
  • In 1907, at the age of 8 years, he passed the Elementary Level 3 examinations at Wat Senathasanaram School
  • In 1908, at the age of 9 years, he passed the Elementary Level 4 examinations at Wat Kharuhabodi School.
  • In 1908, at the age of 9 years, he was enrolled for study in Secondary Level 1 at Suan Kularb School.
  • In 1915, at the age of 16 years, he passed the Secondary Level 8 examinations at Suan Kularb School for the first time.
  • In 1916, at the age of 17 years, he passed the Secondary Level 8 examinations at Suan Kularb School for the second time.
  • In 1918, at the age of 19 years, he received a Thai government scholarship to study at the University of the Philippines at Los Ba?os.
  • In 1921, at the age of 22 years, he was awarded a bachelor of science degree in agriculture.
  • In 1921, at the age of 22 years, he received a Thai government scholarship to in a master's degree program at Cornell University in the United States of America.
  • In 1923, at the age of 24 years, he was awarded a master of science degree in agriculture by Cornell University in the United States of America.

    Career

  • In 1916, he was a student teacher at Suan Kularb School. He taught Secondary Level 6 and received a salary of 30 baht a month.
  • In 1923, he became a teacher of the Ministry of Public Instruction and Religion. He was posted at the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School in Tambon Phra Prathon, Province. He was a second-class civil service officer and received a salary of 240 baht a month.
  • In 1924-1926, he moved to Tambon Bang Saphan Yai in Prajuab Khirikhan Province because the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School was relocated there. He received a salary of 265 baht.
  • In 1926-1927, he moved to Tambon Thap Kwang in Kaeng Khoi District of Saraburi Province because the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School was relocated there. He received a salary of 290 baht.
  • In 1928, he transferred to become a teacher at Wat Thepsirin. He received a salary of 290 baht.
  • In 1929, he transferred to become a teacher at Suan Kularb School. He received a salary of 290 baht.
  • In 1930-1931, he transferred to become a teacher at Vajiravudh College. He received a salary of 290 baht.
  • In 1932-1934, he was appointed Headmaster of the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School in Non Wat [Non Sung District, Nakhorn Ratchasima]. He became a first-class civil service officer and received a salary of 350 baht a month.
  • In 1935, he served as Acting Headmaster of the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School at Mae Jo, Chiang Mai Province, while the Headmaster [Phra Chuangkasetsinlapakan] was on leave to enter the monkhood.
  • In 1935-1937, he transferred from the Ministry of Public Instruction and Religion to become a agricultural officer of the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries with the rank of first-class fourth level and a salary of 450 baht a month.
  • In 1938-1941, he was Head of the Experiment Station Division and Acting Section Head, Region 1 Experiment Station and received a salary of 500 baht a month.
  • In 1942-1945, he was Head of the Experimentation and Extension Division, Department of Agriculture, and received a salary of 600 baht.
  • In 1946-1947, he was Head of the Rice Division, Department of Agriculture, and received a salary of 600 baht a month.
  • In 1948, he was Head of the Rice Division and Acting Special Expert, Department of Agriculture, and became a special-grade civil service officer with a salary of 600 baht a month.
  • In 1948, he became Special Expert, Department of Agriculture, and Acting Director-General of the Department of Agriculture and received a salary of 650 baht.
  • In 1949-1956, he was Director General of the Department of Agriculture, the name of which was changed in 1952 from Krom Kaset to Krom Kasikam. His final salary was 1,300 baht a month.
  • In 1956, he resigned from government service to receive his pension on November 1 at the age of 57 years.
  • In 1958, he became Acting Rector of the Kasetsart University Department under an order of the Ministry of Agriculture reinstating him in government service as of April 1 with a salary of 1,300 baht.
  • In 1958, he was appointed to his first term as Rector of Kasetsart University from April 15, 1958, to August 1, 1961, by order of the Ministry of Agriculture.
  • In 1960, he reached the age for retirement and was retired from government service, at which time he was appointed to act as Rector of Kasetsart University by order of the Office of the Prime Minister dated January 31, 1959, the University having been transferred to the jurisdiction of the Office of the Prime Minister.
  • In 1961, he was appointed to a second term as Rector of Kasetsart University from August 2 1961, to August 1, 1963 by order of the Office of the Prime Minister.
  • In 1963, he was appointed to a third term as Rector of Kasetsart University from August 2, 1963, to August 1, 1965.
  • In 1965, he resigned from the rectorship of Kasetsart University on August 2.
  • In 1967, he was appointed to a fourth term as Rector of Kasetsart University from November 21, 1967, to April 30, 1969.
  • In 1969, he resigned from the rectorship of Kasetsart University on April 30.
  • In 1976, he was appointed Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives in the government of Doctor Tanin Kraivixian.
  •  
    His government personnel records show that according to orders of the Ministry of Finance, his term of government service began in 1916, when he became a student teacher, therefore, Professor (Special-Class) Insi Jantharasathit served King and country as a regular civil servant for 43 years, and then after his retirement, for an additional nine years, for a total of 52 years.
     

    Special Appointments

  • November 17, 1945 Distinguished member, Kasetsart University
  • 1948 Member of the National Science Association Founding Committee
  • 1952-1971 Member of the Board of Directors of the Thai Tobacco Monopoly
  • March 27, 1958 Member of the Sub-committee for Ranking Civil Servants, Kasetsart University
  • September 1, 1958 Advisor to the Board of Directors of the Prepared Food Organization
  • February 3, 1959 11????? Member of the Constitution Drafting Council
  • July 19, 1959 Member of the Committee for Planning the Design of the Ministry of Agriculture and for Planning the Economic Program of the Ministry of Agriculture
  • September 8, 1959 Member of the National Education Council
  • March 24, 1960 Vice-Chairman of the Committee on Welfare Measures for Owners of Rubber Plantations
  • December 14, 1961 Member of the National Research Council
  • 1961-1988 Chairman of the Agriculture Department, Ananda Mahidol Foundation Member of the Board of Directors of the Atomic Energy for Peace
  • 1967-1971 President of the Agricultural Science Association of Thailand
  • March 3, 1968 Acting Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
  • October 16, 1969-14 Governor of the Institute for Research and Applied Science
  • July 4, 1968-14 Senator
  • July 13, 1970 Distinguished member, Kasetsart University
  • August 30, 1972 President of the Kasetsart University Council
  • November 1, 1969 Professor (Special-Class) Faculty of Agriculture, Kasetsart University
  • October 22, 1976 Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives
  • 1979-1989 Vice-Chairman of the Agricultural Science Foundation of Thailand
  • 1981 Member of the Kasetsart University Foundation Founding Committee
  • 1982-1984 Member of the Board of Directors of the Kasetsart University Foundation
  • 1984-1989 Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Kasetsart University Foundation
  •  
  • Achievements

  • 1. He instituted the academic and technical conferences held each year on Foundation Day.
    2. He promoted the founding of 4H Clubs.
    3. He introduced many plants, including dona Mussaenda (dornya) from the Philippines, Lagerstroemia macrocarpa (inthaninsichomphu) from India, the giant kapok from Cambodia, the long-podded horseradish tree from India, and phu jormphon from Britain.
    4. He instituted the custom of naming buildings of Kasetsart University after those who had made contributions to the field of agriculture, such as the Thammasakmontri Building, the Thephasat Building, the Luang Suwan Building, the Phonlathep Building, and the Winitjanandorn Building.
     
    Luang Ingkhasikasikan died on January 1, 1989 at the age of 89 years
     
    Service Establishments
    Co-operate Kasetsart University Co-operate Store Ltd.

    Provides general consumer products for students, officers, and others people
    Location Chantarasatit Road, close to 2nd door at Ngamvongvarn Road.
    Operation time Monday.-Friday. 8:30 AM-6:30 PM, and Sunday. 9:00 AM-6:30 AM
     
     
    seven Seven Eleven is the convenience store which open 24 hours.

    Location
    1. In the front of Central Learning Center 1
    2. Area in the front of Kaset Milk factory.
    3. Central Food Center (New Bar).
    4. Near KITS Building.
     
     
    doikam Doi Kum Program building provides all products under Doi Kum project such as foods and dry flowers.

    Location in the front of female dormitory. Rapee Sakarick Road.
    Operation time 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM.
     
     
    food Store of Institute of Food Research and Product Development

    Provides quality food products of the institute

    Location the 1st floor Research and Product Development Building.
    Operation time 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM
     
    Central Food Center 1 Central Food Center 1 (New Bar)
    provides cooked and ordered food, includes, small grocery stores and parking area, also.
    Location Jongrak Preechanon Road, area Chulaporn swimming pool.
     
     
    Food Center 2 Food Center 2 (Sor. Mor. Kor.) provides cooked food and small grocery stores. Also, it provides parking area.
    Location Paitooningkasuwan Road, near 50 year Information building.
     
     
    Faculty Food Center Faculty Food center provides cooked and ordered food for students each faculty.
    Location the area in each faculty.
     
     
    Sahaphot Restaurant Sahaphot Restaurant operated by Institute of Food Research and Product Development. It provides fast food. It opens every government hours in the breakfast and lunch time. It located in the area of institution.
     
     
     
    Tatum House Restaurant Tatum House Restaurant ordered food and locates at the faculty of Science. Operation is 7:00 AM- 5:00 PM.
     
     
    See You store See You store provides ordered food. Bakery, Beverage and Ice Cream. Operation time is 7:00 AM-10:00 PM and locates at 1st floor of Vittaya Borikarn Building (Behind KU Books Store).
     
     
    Kaew Kaset Restaurant Kaew Kaset Restaurant is the restaurant which is standardize of food service of Home Economic Department. It provides cooked food and operates in 1st floor of Vittaya Borikarn Building (Behind KU Books Store) at 10:00 AM-4:00 PM.
       
    Thai Military Bank Ltd. , Kasetsart University Branch is Car Park Building Ngamvongvarn 1 at Ngamvongvarn Road.
     
     
     
    Ayuthaya Bank Co. Ltd, Kasetsart University Branch is locating at 1st floor of Vittayapattana Building Suwanwajokasikit Road and near the first door at Ngamvongvarn Road.
     
     
    ธ.ไทยพาณิชย์ Siam Commercial Bank Co. Ltd, Kasetsart University Branch is Car Park Building Ngamvongvarn 1 at Ngamvongvarn Road.
     
    Krung Thai Bank PCL, Kasetsart University Branch is Car Park Building Ngamvongvarn 2 at Ngamvongvarn Road.
     
    Bangkok Bank PCL, Kasetsart University Branch is Car Park Building Ngamvongvarn 2 at Ngamvongvarn Road.
     
    KASIKORNBANK PCL, Kasetsart University Branch is Car Park Building Ngamvongvarn 2 at Ngamvongvarn Road.
     
    Co-operate KU. Post Office provides all services in mail, draft, and international phone call. Operation time is 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM on weekday and except holiday. Located at Suwanwajokasikit Road, the area behind Faculty of Science.
     
     
    Co-operate
    KU. Book Center is the organization in the part of Kasetsart University. It was built to service in all education programs such as books, and all educational services for students, professors, and others. The purpose is full services in trading., retailing, whole saling, and selling includes service in ordering foreign books in each class and program both undergraduate and graduated.
     
     
    It manages by separating in 2 campuses. as:

    1. KU Book Store, Bangkhen Campus
    Location Vittaya Borikarn Building, Kasetsart University, Bangkhen 50 Kasetsart University, Phaholyothin Road, Chatuak, Bangkok 10900
    P.O. Box 1066 Kasetsart, Bangkok 10903
    Tel. (02) 579-9596, (02) 942-8063-6
    Operation time Monday.-Friday. 8:30 AM-7:00 PM Saturday. 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM.


    2. KU Book Store, Kumphaeng Saen Campus.
    Location Main Center Learning Center, Kasetsart University, Kumphaengsaen 1/11 Tumbol Tungkrapanghoam, Amphur Kumphang Sean Nakorn Phratom province, 73140. Tel. (02) 942-8010-9 Ext. 3857. Kamphaen Saen,
    Operation and Service since 1997.
    Time Monday.-Saturday. 8:00 AM-5:30 PM.
    Telephone numbers
    Public Relations
     
    50 Ngam Wong Wan Rd, Ladyaow Chatuchak Bangkok 10900
    Tel. +66 0-2579-0113 Fax. +66 0-2942-8998
    Contact Webmaster  :  www@ku.ac.th
    Copyright © 2011 Kasetsart University